Light Gauge Steel Framing Systems
2411 Group's steel frame system offers a lightweight and structurally robust stud and track system that can be designed to receive a range of external finishes.
Systems are designed in accordance with BS EN 1993-1-3 ‘General Rules’ and are submitted for approval prior to manufacture. Manufacturing partnerships are assessed as EXC2 against EN 1090-1
Sections are cold-formed lipped ’C’ and plain ‘U’ channels manufactured from S450 (450N/mm²) yield strength material; pre-galvanised coating Z275 - conforming to BS EN 10346.
Loadings are calculated in accordance with BS EN 1991-1-4 and specific project requirements.
SFS stud and track systems can be used in many applications with SFS Infill systems being the most prominent. SFS Infill systems are designed as a secondary support system to allow openings and external finishes to be applied to a structure, providing real time savings when compared to traditional construction methods.
These same components are used in our SFS Over Sail system which sits outside of the main structure with profiles braced back at slab level using slotted cleats.
In all cases our in-house design team can appraise your job and accurately design and price the system to suit your requirements.
Loadbearing structures are an extension of the systems above and can be supplied as either stick build or factory panellised. The in-house design team will undertake a full design service that comprises of construction issue drawings, calculation packages and installation guidance material ready for approval and sign off. Loadbearing structures offer a fast track method of adding additional floors to existing buildings or to create standalone multi-storey structures.
SFS High Bay walls are typically used for the division of commercial or retail space these are single span solutions with heights of 18 M being achievable. Offering a fast track solution for the client with typically no need to strengthen the existing floor or add foundations.
The design includes for all loadbearing/non-loadbearing walls, floors and roofs out of LGS using 2411 Group's custom system.
The steel framing systems offer many advantages over traditional construction methods such as;
- Lighter overall system, hence reducing foundation depths and allowing retrofits above existing structures.
- SFS Infill systems can be designed and constructed with both reinforced concrete and hot rolled steel structures.
- In the case of load bearing structures, the system can be adapted as a hybrid structure and tailored to be used with concrete slab designs for floors and HRS for areas that require extra support.
- Construction times are reduced when compared to traditional construction methods.
- Advice and guidance to architects and engineers is given at all stages throughout the process, along with further support to our clients during tender stage all the way to installation.
- 2411 groups experienced team continue to support their clients with the ability to provide on-site inspections for sign off and offer ongoing support through the project’s duration.
With the ability to design structures from all manufacturers 2411 Group is a one stop shop for all your LGS requirements, with the option to supply steel from our accredited partners. There is no restriction with regards to the components delivered to site. Profiles supplied in line with our design are supplied cut to length as per the detailed construction drawings issued by 2411 Group. Stock lengths can be supplied to give the installation teams the flexibility on site if there are any site discrepancies. Profiles carry inkjet markings for easy identification on site.